I didn’t bring any cash today, could you lend me 100 yuan? I’ll pay you back tomorrow.
A. 生活化、口語化的說法
- "I didn't bring any cash today. Can you spot me $100? I'll pay you back tomorrow."
「我今天沒帶現金。你可以借我100元嗎?我明天還你。」 - "I'm broke today. Can you lend me a hundred bucks? I'll get you back tomorrow."
「我今天身無分文。你能夠借我一百塊嗎?我明天還你。」 - "I forgot my wallet. Mind if I borrow $100? I'll pay you back first thing tomorrow."
「我忘記帶錢包了。介意借我100元嗎?我明天第一件事就是還你(錢)。」 - "Can you cover me for $100? I'll Venmo you back tomorrow."
「你可以替我付100元嗎?我明天用 Venmo 還你。」
B. 客氣、有禮貌的說法
- "I'm so sorry to ask, but I didn't bring enough money today. Would it be possible to borrow $100? I promise I'll return it tomorrow."
「很不好意思開口,但我今天沒帶夠錢。可以借我100元嗎?我保證明天還你。」 - "I hate to impose, but could I possibly borrow $100? I'll make sure to pay you back first thing tomorrow."
「我很不想麻煩你,但我可以借100元嗎?我會確保明天第一件事就還你(明天一早就還你)。」 - "I hope you don't mind me asking, but would you be able to lend me $100? I'll definitely repay you tomorrow."
「希望你不介意我開口,但你能夠借我100元嗎?我明天一定還你。」 - "I'm in a bit of a bind - I forgot to bring money. Could you help me out with $100? I'll settle up with you tomorrow."
「我有(遇到)點困難 - 我忘記帶錢了。你能幫我100元嗎?我明天跟你(清)算。」
C. 中文學習者容易犯的錯誤
❌ 錯誤: "I have no money on my body today."
✅ 正確: "I don't have any money on me today." / "I didn't bring money today."
說明: 不要直譯「身上」為 "on my body",應該用 "on me"
❌ 錯誤: "Can you borrow me $100?"
✅ 正確: "Can you lend me $100?" / "Can I borrow $100 from you?"
說明: "Borrow" 是「借入」,"lend" 是「借出」。別搞混了!
❌ 錯誤: "Is it convenient for you to lend me money?"
✅ 正確: "Would you be able to lend me money?" / "Can you lend me money?"
說明: 直譯「方便」為 "convenient" 在這裡不自然
D. 相關單字與片語說明
- Spot (v.) - 借錢給某人(非正式)
"Can you spot me lunch?"
「你能請我吃午餐嗎?」 - Cover (v.) - 代付、墊付
"I'll cover dinner tonight."
「今晚我請(客)吃晚餐。」 - Bucks (n.) - 美元(非正式說法)
"That costs fifty bucks."
「那要(花/價)五十塊錢。」 - Pay back / Pay you back
還錢
"I'll pay you back next week."
「我下週還你錢。」 - Venmo / Zelle / Cash App
美國常用的電子支付APP
"I'll Venmo you later."
「我等等用Venmo轉給你。」 - Settle up
結清帳目
"Let's settle up at the end of the trip."
「我們旅行結束時結清帳目(算錢)。」 - In a bind / in a pinch
處境困難
"I'm in a bind right now."
「我現在處境困難。」
E. 練習範例
範例 1:跟好朋友借錢買咖啡
- 口語化:
"Dude, I forgot my wallet. Can you spot me five bucks for coffee? I'll get you back later."
「兄弟,我忘記帶錢包了。你能借我五塊買咖啡嗎?我等等還你。」 - 禮貌版:
"I'm sorry, but I didn't bring my wallet. Could you possibly cover my coffee? I'll pay you back this afternoon."
「不好意思,我沒帶錢包。你能替我付咖啡錢嗎?我今天下午還你。」
範例 2:跟同事借錢坐計程車
- 口語化:
"I'm totally broke today. Can you lend me $20 for a cab? I'll Venmo you tomorrow."
「我今天完全沒錢。你能借我20元坐計程車嗎?我明天用Venmo還你。」 - 禮貌版:
"I hate to ask, but could I borrow $20 for taxi fare? I'll make sure to reimburse you first thing tomorrow."
「我很不想開口,但我能借20元坐計程車嗎?我明天第一件事就償還你。」
範例 3:跟室友借錢買晚餐
- 口語化:
"I didn't bring cash and they don't take cards. Can you cover my dinner? I'll pay you back tonight."
「我沒帶現金,他們不收信用卡。你能替我付晚餐嗎?我今晚還你。」 - 禮貌版:
"I'm in a bit of a pinch - would you mind lending me money for dinner? I'll transfer it back to you as soon as we get home."
「我有點困難 - 你介意借我錢吃晚餐嗎?我們一回家我就轉帳還你。」